B.U.F.C. Bulletin

Hammering it Between the Sticks

Grueling Double Header for the Hammers at Home

BELLINGHAM, WA. Week 3 of the 2018 Evergreen Premier league and United lose both Cascade division match ups against Olympic Force 0-1 (L) & against Washington Premier 1-3 (L).

BUFC came out dominant creating 1 v 1 chances in the first 5 minutes of play. Failing to capitalize tends to put the Hammers in trouble. Without the confidence of having goals in favor of the Hammers their attacks come out desperate and forced. Late in the first half Olympic Force took a quick throw in catching BUFC’s center backs out of position and quickly breaking for a 1 v 1 chance which was buried in the far corner. The scoreline remained 0-1 the remainder of the game, however the Hammers never gave up on their offense and created numerous opportunities to claw back into the game.

In the second half BUFC played with 3 defenders flying numbers forward and managed to score, unfortunately controversially was never officially ruled as a goal. Goal line technology coming to EPLWA 2020! Take a look at the photos below and decide for yourself if the ball was over the line or not.

The Hammers made the Force’s goalkeeper make 13 saves, his performance earned him EPLWA defensive player of the week. United was also awarded an indirect free kick inside of the 18 yard box, yet failing to make the most of it they missed their shot and paid the price. Both Head Coaches clashed in the first half exchanging words as the dispute heated up Jason Conway, coach was sent off for bumping into the Force’s head coach. The next time the Hammers play against the Force is on June 23rd  away at Gordon Field, Bremerton, WA.

Game 4 for BUFC against WPFC started off in the favor of United. WPFC leading the league table in first place. United played a high pressure defense and won the ball in the attacking third several times giving the chances to go up on their opposition. In the 40th minute Olegario Gallo Orozco found space down the left flank and crossed a ball in near post to find Ivan Colin stabbing at the ball to beat the keeper near post.

The first half ended 1-0 United in the lead. About 10 minutes into the second half Nick Cashmere and the opposing winger for WPFC bumped heads during a dead ball situation. The fans on the sideline provoked the incident and claimed that Nick was at fault when in reality both players were at fault. Nick was the only one to be sent off after the center official spoke with the linesmen. The center referee did not witness the incident as many didn’t know what had just happened. The Hammers played with 10 men and forced to shift their formation quickly. Their reaction was not quick enough giving up a poor foul 20 yards out allowing WPFC to equalize which they did 1-1. The Hammers organization quickly fell apart 10 minutes after giving up a 2nd goal to an unmarked man at the far back post. The final goal came late in the game 86th minute catching the Hammers in an all out attack exposing their backline. Final result 1-3 (L) Next time these two clubs meet will be the last game of the regular season July 14th at Phillips 66 for the Soccer Fest tournament.